Friday, April 22, 2011

New Beginnings

It was spring break for me this week so we took the opportunity to get our garden ready for planting.  With last year's garden being my first, I let my plants run their course to see how far into the tail end of summer I could continue to pick okra, tomatoes, and squash.  Then I got lazy and didn't pull out the plants when they died, so we had our work cut out for us this week.


Luckily my husband Jason likes to bring projects to fruition before even taking time to eat breakfast, so things went a lot faster than I thought they would.  Here he is tilling up our little plot after he'd pulled out the remaining dead plants and gargantuan weeds that had taken over.  My job was to bag it all up for our city's compost pick up.


Once we finished we ventured out to purchase some lattice to attach to our back fence for our plants to climb.  Jason nailed it up and we were done for the day.


I hope to begin planting some seeds in the next couple of weeks with seedlings to follow shortly after.

No comments:

Post a Comment