Thursday, July 7, 2011

Updates and Adventures in Pickling

The garden is getting really huge!  I'm harvesting cucumbers, okra, and three kinds of squash daily.  Peppers, speckled limas, and peas are showing up and all the tomato plants have yellow blossoms so they should be coming soon.  I have to keep reminding myself that I planted a little later this year because I keep thinking everything is taking forever.  I've been making pickles every night and trying to be patient.  Here are some photos of how things are going!

Cucumbers 

 Yellow Crookneck, Zucchini, and Pattypan Squashes

 Swiss Chard

 Tall Telephone Peas

 Speckled Calico Lima Beans

 Several Varieties of Tomatoes

 Clemson and Red Burgundy Okra

 Beets

 Thai Chilis (You can see one to the left of my pinky.)

 Green Bell Peppers

 Hot Banana Peppers

 Jalapenos

Basil

Various pickles: Garlic dill slices and spears, swiss chard and okra 
(The brine is pink due to the color of the chard and burgundy okra.)

No comments:

Post a Comment